Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff Bill is Brining

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
      > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff Bill is Brining
      >
      > On 12/6/2012 11:19 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
      > > Roll of printed papertape for Herb
      > >
      > > BASIS 108 stuff to join with system Ian/Kelly have for me from Rubin
      > >
      > > ADDS Terminal sell to Ian Primus
      > > Tektronixs 535 to trade or sell to ?? Dave McGuire
      > > HP 9835B to trade or sell to whomever wants (let me know)
      > > CBM B Series Software - Word Processing/Scripting, Database,
      Accounting
      > > packages - anyone interested?
      > > Tandy Manuals, various 77-80-ish era (requests?)
      > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as
      of
      > > this writing
      > >> M8192
      > >> M8190
      > >> InterLAN BD-NI201A Ethernet Address # 020701 003516
      > >> M7551-CR
      > >> M8067
      > >> InterLAN BD-NI2010 Ethernet Address # 020701 000CB4
      > > probably more as space allows.
      > >
      > > Bill
      > >

      > I bet Bill's stuff is going to taste pretty darn good after it has been
      > brined! :-P
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Bryan

      Hey Bryan - Yes, when you bine computers they have longer shelf life.
      Secret is out.
    • Mouse
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
        Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.

        I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
        bacterial plague hit me last year.

        See you all there :)

        -mouse
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
          Mouse! You'll be there! I have some printers for you. I'll load 'em up.

          -Dave

          On 12/07/2012 10:46 AM, Mouse wrote:
          > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
          >
          > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
          > bacterial plague hit me last year.
          >
          > See you all there :)
          >
          > -mouse

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012

            > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
            >
            > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
            > bacterial plague hit me last year.
            >
            > See you all there :)
            >
            > -mouse

            I will bring the disks and keyboard for the BASIS 108.
          • s100doctor
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012

              > > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
              >
              > > > this writing
              > > >
              > > > probably more as space allows.
              > > >
              > > > Bill
              >
              > That was my typo, sorry. I was thinking Q bus, but typed OMNIBUS. Oops!
              > These are all the 4 connector Q bus except the one M8190 I think which is a
              > half card.

              Thanks for correcting this. I was annoyed you were bringing Omnibus cards when I have a PDP-8/F to restore....

              > Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
              >
              > I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
              > original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
              > invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
              >
              > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
              >
              > Bill

              A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

              Its' an interesting exercise in "provenance" to claim a DEC card came from a particular router that was used in a particular early system. YOur "proof" I imagine would be, if you could identify the Ethernet address of the card, and show an Ethernet address for one of those Fuzzball routers. Where and how that E-address is documented, you'll have to determine.

              The router "box" or cabinet with a U of D sticker and other identifying information, that would be in my causal opinion a better "provenance".

              I'm not calling this stuff out to be clever, I'm making a point and helping you establish your "claim".

              Herb Johnson
            • s100doctor
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mouse <mouse@...> wrote:

                > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
                >
                > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
                > bacterial plague hit me last year.
                >
                > See you all there :)
                >
                > -mouse

                Bring some 12" terminal CRT's, if you haven't left already.

                Herb
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                  On Dec 8, 2012, at 12:57 PM, "s100doctor" <hjohnson@...> wrote:
                  >> Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
                  >>
                  >> I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
                  >> original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
                  >> invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
                  >>
                  >> http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
                  >
                  > A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

                  Especially when it's one that's supported by essentially *no* software. ;)

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ