Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff Bill is Brining

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
      On 12/6/2012 11:19 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
      > Roll of printed papertape for Herb
      >
      > BASIS 108 stuff to join with system Ian/Kelly have for me from Rubin
      >
      > ADDS Terminal sell to Ian Primus
      > Tektronixs 535 to trade or sell to ?? Dave McGuire
      > HP 9835B to trade or sell to whomever wants (let me know)
      > CBM B Series Software - Word Processing/Scripting, Database, Accounting
      > packages - anyone interested?
      > Tandy Manuals, various 77-80-ish era (requests?)
      > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
      > this writing
      >> M8192
      >> M8190
      >> InterLAN BD-NI201A Ethernet Address # 020701 003516
      >> M7551-CR
      >> M8067
      >> InterLAN BD-NI2010 Ethernet Address # 020701 000CB4
      > probably more as space allows.
      >
      > Bill

      I bet Bill's stuff is going to taste pretty darn good after it has been
      brined! :-P

      Cheers,

      Bryan
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
        > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff Bill is Brining
        >
        > On 12/6/2012 11:19 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
        > > Roll of printed papertape for Herb
        > >
        > > BASIS 108 stuff to join with system Ian/Kelly have for me from Rubin
        > >
        > > ADDS Terminal sell to Ian Primus
        > > Tektronixs 535 to trade or sell to ?? Dave McGuire
        > > HP 9835B to trade or sell to whomever wants (let me know)
        > > CBM B Series Software - Word Processing/Scripting, Database,
        Accounting
        > > packages - anyone interested?
        > > Tandy Manuals, various 77-80-ish era (requests?)
        > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as
        of
        > > this writing
        > >> M8192
        > >> M8190
        > >> InterLAN BD-NI201A Ethernet Address # 020701 003516
        > >> M7551-CR
        > >> M8067
        > >> InterLAN BD-NI2010 Ethernet Address # 020701 000CB4
        > > probably more as space allows.
        > >
        > > Bill
        > >

        > I bet Bill's stuff is going to taste pretty darn good after it has been
        > brined! :-P
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Bryan

        Hey Bryan - Yes, when you bine computers they have longer shelf life.
        Secret is out.
      • Mouse
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
          Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.

          I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
          bacterial plague hit me last year.

          See you all there :)

          -mouse
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
            Mouse! You'll be there! I have some printers for you. I'll load 'em up.

            -Dave

            On 12/07/2012 10:46 AM, Mouse wrote:
            > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
            >
            > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
            > bacterial plague hit me last year.
            >
            > See you all there :)
            >
            > -mouse

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012

              > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
              >
              > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
              > bacterial plague hit me last year.
              >
              > See you all there :)
              >
              > -mouse

              I will bring the disks and keyboard for the BASIS 108.
            • s100doctor
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012

                > > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
                >
                > > > this writing
                > > >
                > > > probably more as space allows.
                > > >
                > > > Bill
                >
                > That was my typo, sorry. I was thinking Q bus, but typed OMNIBUS. Oops!
                > These are all the 4 connector Q bus except the one M8190 I think which is a
                > half card.

                Thanks for correcting this. I was annoyed you were bringing Omnibus cards when I have a PDP-8/F to restore....

                > Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
                >
                > I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
                > original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
                > invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
                >
                > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
                >
                > Bill

                A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

                Its' an interesting exercise in "provenance" to claim a DEC card came from a particular router that was used in a particular early system. YOur "proof" I imagine would be, if you could identify the Ethernet address of the card, and show an Ethernet address for one of those Fuzzball routers. Where and how that E-address is documented, you'll have to determine.

                The router "box" or cabinet with a U of D sticker and other identifying information, that would be in my causal opinion a better "provenance".

                I'm not calling this stuff out to be clever, I'm making a point and helping you establish your "claim".

                Herb Johnson
              • s100doctor
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mouse <mouse@...> wrote:

                  > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
                  >
                  > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
                  > bacterial plague hit me last year.
                  >
                  > See you all there :)
                  >
                  > -mouse

                  Bring some 12" terminal CRT's, if you haven't left already.

                  Herb
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                    On Dec 8, 2012, at 12:57 PM, "s100doctor" <hjohnson@...> wrote:
                    >> Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
                    >>
                    >> I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
                    >> original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
                    >> invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
                    >>
                    >> http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
                    >
                    > A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

                    Especially when it's one that's supported by essentially *no* software. ;)

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ