Stuff Bill is Brining

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
      Roll of printed papertape for Herb

      BASIS 108 stuff to join with system Ian/Kelly have for me from Rubin

      ADDS Terminal sell to Ian Primus
      Tektronixs 535 to trade or sell to ?? Dave McGuire
      HP 9835B to trade or sell to whomever wants (let me know)
      CBM B Series Software - Word Processing/Scripting, Database, Accounting
      packages - anyone interested?
      Tandy Manuals, various 77-80-ish era (requests?)
      Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
      this writing
      > M8192
      > M8190
      > InterLAN BD-NI201A Ethernet Address # 020701 003516
      > M7551-CR
      > M8067
      > InterLAN BD-NI2010 Ethernet Address # 020701 000CB4

      probably more as space allows.

      Bill
    • jack.rubin@ameritech.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
        > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
        > this writing
        > > M8192
        > > M8190
        > > InterLAN BD-NI201A Ethernet Address # 020701 003516
        > > M7551-CR
        > > M8067
        > > InterLAN BD-NI2010 Ethernet Address # 020701 000CB4
        >
        > probably more as space allows.
        >
        > Bill

        Dag nabit, boy - get on the right bus! All those M??? things are qbus (well, ok, the right flavor '8190 could go Q or U) and the interlan cards are unibus. I'd be interested in one of the ethernet cards if Dave doesn't gobble them all up. Just about dropped my choppers when I saw your note about an omnibus ethernet adapter.

        Jack
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
          That was my typo, sorry. I was thinking Q bus, but typed OMNIBUS. Oops!
          These are all the 4 connector Q bus except the one M8190 I think which is a
          half card.

          Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?

          I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
          original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
          invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).

        • jack.rubin@ameritech.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
            OK, so if Dave is not interested in the Interlan cards, I'd be interested in one of them.

            As for keeping the cards together, I don't see much point to it. If you had the original rack fully equipped as it was when in service, I'd say yes, but just loose in a box these cards are pretty generic.

            BTW, I built a 56kps network for USRobotics in the mid-'80s linking our Chicago and UK operations. Most of the traffic was cc-mail and inventory reports. Nobody complained about speed or congestion.

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
              On 12/06/2012 04:04 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
              > That was my typo, sorry. I was thinking Q bus, but typed OMNIBUS. Oops!
              > These are all the 4 connector Q bus except the one M8190 I think which is a
              > half card.

              The M8190 is a dual card, yes. The others are quads.

              > Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?

              There's nothing at all tying them together, no.

              > I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
              > original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
              > invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
              >
              > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357

              That's neat!

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
                On 12/6/2012 11:19 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
                > Roll of printed papertape for Herb
                >
                > BASIS 108 stuff to join with system Ian/Kelly have for me from Rubin
                >
                > ADDS Terminal sell to Ian Primus
                > Tektronixs 535 to trade or sell to ?? Dave McGuire
                > HP 9835B to trade or sell to whomever wants (let me know)
                > CBM B Series Software - Word Processing/Scripting, Database, Accounting
                > packages - anyone interested?
                > Tandy Manuals, various 77-80-ish era (requests?)
                > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
                > this writing
                >> M8192
                >> M8190
                >> InterLAN BD-NI201A Ethernet Address # 020701 003516
                >> M7551-CR
                >> M8067
                >> InterLAN BD-NI2010 Ethernet Address # 020701 000CB4
                > probably more as space allows.
                >
                > Bill

                I bet Bill's stuff is going to taste pretty darn good after it has been
                brined! :-P

                Cheers,

                Bryan
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
                  > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff Bill is Brining
                  >
                  > On 12/6/2012 11:19 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
                  > > Roll of printed papertape for Herb
                  > >
                  > > BASIS 108 stuff to join with system Ian/Kelly have for me from Rubin
                  > >
                  > > ADDS Terminal sell to Ian Primus
                  > > Tektronixs 535 to trade or sell to ?? Dave McGuire
                  > > HP 9835B to trade or sell to whomever wants (let me know)
                  > > CBM B Series Software - Word Processing/Scripting, Database,
                  Accounting
                  > > packages - anyone interested?
                  > > Tandy Manuals, various 77-80-ish era (requests?)
                  > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as
                  of
                  > > this writing
                  > >> M8192
                  > >> M8190
                  > >> InterLAN BD-NI201A Ethernet Address # 020701 003516
                  > >> M7551-CR
                  > >> M8067
                  > >> InterLAN BD-NI2010 Ethernet Address # 020701 000CB4
                  > > probably more as space allows.
                  > >
                  > > Bill
                  > >

                  > I bet Bill's stuff is going to taste pretty darn good after it has been
                  > brined! :-P
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Bryan

                  Hey Bryan - Yes, when you bine computers they have longer shelf life.
                  Secret is out.
                • Mouse
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                    Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.

                    I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
                    bacterial plague hit me last year.

                    See you all there :)

                    -mouse
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                      Mouse! You'll be there! I have some printers for you. I'll load 'em up.

                      -Dave

                      On 12/07/2012 10:46 AM, Mouse wrote:
                      > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
                      >
                      > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
                      > bacterial plague hit me last year.
                      >
                      > See you all there :)
                      >
                      > -mouse

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012

                        > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
                        >
                        > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
                        > bacterial plague hit me last year.
                        >
                        > See you all there :)
                        >
                        > -mouse

                        I will bring the disks and keyboard for the BASIS 108.
                      • s100doctor
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012

                          > > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
                          >
                          > > > this writing
                          > > >
                          > > > probably more as space allows.
                          > > >
                          > > > Bill
                          >
                          > That was my typo, sorry. I was thinking Q bus, but typed OMNIBUS. Oops!
                          > These are all the 4 connector Q bus except the one M8190 I think which is a
                          > half card.

                          Thanks for correcting this. I was annoyed you were bringing Omnibus cards when I have a PDP-8/F to restore....

                          > Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
                          >
                          > I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
                          > original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
                          > invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
                          >
                          > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
                          >
                          > Bill

                          A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

                          Its' an interesting exercise in "provenance" to claim a DEC card came from a particular router that was used in a particular early system. YOur "proof" I imagine would be, if you could identify the Ethernet address of the card, and show an Ethernet address for one of those Fuzzball routers. Where and how that E-address is documented, you'll have to determine.

                          The router "box" or cabinet with a U of D sticker and other identifying information, that would be in my causal opinion a better "provenance".

                          I'm not calling this stuff out to be clever, I'm making a point and helping you establish your "claim".

                          Herb Johnson
                        • s100doctor
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mouse <mouse@...> wrote:

                            > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
                            >
                            > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
                            > bacterial plague hit me last year.
                            >
                            > See you all there :)
                            >
                            > -mouse

                            Bring some 12" terminal CRT's, if you haven't left already.

                            Herb
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                              On Dec 8, 2012, at 12:57 PM, "s100doctor" <hjohnson@...> wrote:
                              >> Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
                              >>
                              >> I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
                              >> original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
                              >> invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
                              >>
                              >> http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
                              >
                              > A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

                              Especially when it's one that's supported by essentially *no* software. ;)

                              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ