PS/2s and Festivus

  • David Whiteis
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2012

      Hi all,

      I just recently joined the group, this is my first post to the list I think. I've been lurking a few weeks and I really like what I have seen here.

      I am trying to lighten up the size of my vintage computer collection, and I am thinking I will trade off or give away some of the IBM PS/2 machines I have.

      Anyone got anything interesting they want to trade me, for some or all of them?

      I may try to make it to Festivus but I'm not sure. If I end up going I can bring the stuff if requested. If I am not, maybe somebody else that will be driving up I-95 can meet up with me, and put it in their car for you.

      Here is what I am offering:

      IBM PS/2 Model 25

      IBM PS/2 Model 30 286

      IBM PS/2 Model 30 286

      IBM PS/2 Model 70 (I may keep this one)

      IBM PS/2 Model 80

      IBM PS/2 14 inch color monitor

      IBM PS/2 14 inch color monitor

      Also, could somebody please post a reminder summary about the basics of Festivus? (Where/when/etc.)  It sounds like a great time.

      David Whiteis

      301-529-5547

      david2@...

      ------

      Here is a slightly accurate list of the rest of my collection, for anyone interested in doing some other trading:

      1977

      Apple II

                      Radio Shack TRS-80

                      Atari VCS (2600)

      1979

      Atari 800

                      TI-99/4

                      Sharp MZ 80K

      1980

      TRS-80 Color Computer

                      TRS-80 model III

                      TRS-80 Pocket Computer

      1981

      Commodore VIC-20

                      Sinclair ZX81

                      Osborne I

                      TI-99/4A

                      IBM PC

                      Osborne 2

      1982

      Timex Sinclair 1000

                      Kaypro II

                      GRiD Compass 1101

                      HP-75C

                      Commodore 64

                      Vectrex game console (gave to a friend)

      1983

      Compaq Portable

                      TI CC-40

                      once I get it, my Apple Lisa goes here

                      Mattel Aquarius (at HacDC)

                      Coleco Adam

                      Tandy TRS-80 Model 2000 HD

      1984

      Apple Macintosh

                      IBM Portable

                      TRS-80 model 200

                      Apple IIe

                      Apple IIe

                      IBM PCjr

                      Apple IIc

      1986

      IBM AT

                      Mac Plus

      1987

      Zenith eazy PC

                      Compaq Portable III

                      IBM PS/2 Model 25

                      IBM PS/2 Model 30 286

                      IBM PS/2 Model 70

                      IBM PS/2 Model 80

                      Toshiba T1200XE laptop

                      Toshiba T1000 laptop

                      Toshiba T1000XE laptop

      1988

      Apple IIc Plus

                      Leading Edge pc, year?

      1989

      GRiDPad

      1990

      Poqet PC

                      GTCO Digitizer, year? (I worked there!)

      1991

      HP-95LX

      1992

      Tandy 1800 HD laptop

      Various manuals and software, some of them pretty cool.

    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2012
        >> I just recently joined the group, this is my first post to the list I think. I've been lurking a few weeks and I really like what I have seen here.

        Welcome to MARCH.

        >> could somebody please post a reminder summary about the basics of Festivus? (Where/when/etc.) It
        sounds like a great time.

        The "Vintage Computer Festivus" is our club's holiday party, vs. the "Vintage Computer Festival" ("VCF") which is our big public convention each spring.

        This year's Festivus is this weekend at our museum -- the InfoAge Science Center, 2201 Marconi Rd., Wall, NJ, 07719. It starts around lunchtime on Saturday, 12/8, and ends whenever people leave Sunday afternoon. Staying over is allowed; if so you should bring a sleeping bag, towel, etc. (we have a few beds here, but not enough for everyone; there is a shower -- and never leave home without a towel.)

        MARCH is providing food basics and non-alcoholic beverages. Everyone contributes $10, and many people choose to bring additional food / drink, including hard drinks.

        The party is very informal. Burgers, beer, computers, videogames, bad movies.

        When you arrive, and pull into the main lot, we'll be in the small building to the right, just inside the gate.

        If you somehow can't find us then call me: 646-546-9999.