Re: [midatlanticretro] Festivus... who's bringing what?

  • Neil Cherry
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
      On 12/05/2012 10:53 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
      > On 12/05/2012 10:39 PM, evan@... <mailto:evan%40snarc.net> wrote:
      > > Took a while; now, MARCHins are finally getting in the Festivus spirit!
      >
      > CHILI FARTS!

      Oh that reminds me, make sure you bring toilet paper. I don't think there's
      a roll in the bathroom.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2012
        >> This would be lunch time Saturday, I assume?

        Yes
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 6, 2012
          Car is running well now, we should be there Saturday!

          I may not have room to bring any of the stuff I mentioned earlier as I may leave the big toolkit in the back...just in case.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
        • s100doctor
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:

            > Car is running well now, we should be there Saturday!
            >
            > I may not have room to bring any of the stuff I mentioned earlier as I may leave the big toolkit in the back...just in case.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Jonathan

            well, you better bring the STDbus and Multibus stuff we talked about, as I'm bringing the items you asked ME for! (some Multibus cages mostly).

            Bill wanted to poke at Teletypes, so I'm bringing two parts-kits model 33's to poke at. These are for my restoration.

            I'll bring a couple of ancient videogame systems and varying numbers of carts for them. I'm astounded at how CHEAP one can get these for, dollars each. They will go home with someone else...

            A cot and blankets for myself.

            I read there may be a gas grill. I have a mostly empty propane tank I can bring along for the amusing possibilities that it won't be needed.

            Also for fun, a previously working 8-track tape player, and some decayed tapes. It's 1980's, it was used for data storage (someone used one in the era...), so it qualifies. The tapes will be an exercise in repair of the little foamy pads that hold the tape to the head in each cart.

            I'm not a cook to speak of, I've been busy with home repairs post-Sandy. But I'll make a run locally for some snacks as needed, that will be my food contribution.

            Probably get there before 3PM Sat.

            Herb