Re: [midatlanticretro] Festivus... who's bringing what?

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
      On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> wrote:

      Been *incredibly* busy these last few weeks - to the point of not even being home every night to sleep. I'm way behind on my email, I've been kind of skimming through though, and I see we're making the bad movies a contest now. Well, I've got an entry for that, but it'll be a surprise ;)

      I'm bringing my usual assortment of video games and television sets. Any requests? I'm packing tonight.

      What about other equipment? Is anyone bringing a projector? Screen? VHS deck? DVD player? Stereo amplifier? Speakers?

      Last year I brought the amplifier and the speakers, but anyone else is welcome to - the speakers are currently inaccessible to me, so bringing them is going to be a pain, although I know right where the amplifier is.

      I've been really running myself ragged lately, so I'm really looking forward to Festivus. Finally, a weekend where I can have fun!

      I am bringing my A1200, and lots of chili.

      - Alex
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
        On 12/05/2012 10:30 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
        > I am bringing my A1200, and lots of chili.

        ...which means I'll be making CHILI FARTS!

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • evan@snarc.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
          Took a while; now, MARCHins are finally getting in the Festivus spirit!

          I will presumably be there first, around lunchtime, with the traditional bucket of KFC.
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
            On 12/05/2012 10:39 PM, evan@... wrote:
            > Took a while; now, MARCHins are finally getting in the Festivus spirit!

            CHILI FARTS!

            > I will presumably be there first, around lunchtime, with the traditional bucket of KFC.

            This would be lunch time Saturday, I assume?

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • William Donzelli
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
              > I will presumably be there first, around lunchtime, with the traditional
              > bucket of KFC.

              I may be there first - because you are going to help me unload.

              --
              Will
            • Neil Cherry
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
                On 12/05/2012 10:53 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
                > On 12/05/2012 10:39 PM, evan@... <mailto:evan%40snarc.net> wrote:
                > > Took a while; now, MARCHins are finally getting in the Festivus spirit!
                >
                > CHILI FARTS!

                Oh that reminds me, make sure you bring toilet paper. I don't think there's
                a roll in the bathroom.

                http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
                http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
              • evan@snarc.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 6, 2012
                  >> This would be lunch time Saturday, I assume?

                  Yes
                • Systems Glitch
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 6, 2012
                    Car is running well now, we should be there Saturday!

                    I may not have room to bring any of the stuff I mentioned earlier as I may leave the big toolkit in the back...just in case.

                    Thanks,
                    Jonathan
                  • s100doctor
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:

                      > Car is running well now, we should be there Saturday!
                      >
                      > I may not have room to bring any of the stuff I mentioned earlier as I may leave the big toolkit in the back...just in case.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Jonathan

                      well, you better bring the STDbus and Multibus stuff we talked about, as I'm bringing the items you asked ME for! (some Multibus cages mostly).

                      Bill wanted to poke at Teletypes, so I'm bringing two parts-kits model 33's to poke at. These are for my restoration.

                      I'll bring a couple of ancient videogame systems and varying numbers of carts for them. I'm astounded at how CHEAP one can get these for, dollars each. They will go home with someone else...

                      A cot and blankets for myself.

                      I read there may be a gas grill. I have a mostly empty propane tank I can bring along for the amusing possibilities that it won't be needed.

                      Also for fun, a previously working 8-track tape player, and some decayed tapes. It's 1980's, it was used for data storage (someone used one in the era...), so it qualifies. The tapes will be an exercise in repair of the little foamy pads that hold the tape to the head in each cart.

                      I'm not a cook to speak of, I've been busy with home repairs post-Sandy. But I'll make a run locally for some snacks as needed, that will be my food contribution.

                      Probably get there before 3PM Sat.

                      Herb