Re: Fwd: Cheap PDP-11/03 on ebay

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

      > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
      > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
      > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
      >
      > Andy
      >

      > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > w/ various DISA modules...
      > >
      > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
      > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

      Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
      You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?
    • Andrew Molloy
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
        I was going to let them keep the rest, but you would be welcome to the DISA equipment if you want. :)  The only downside so far is that they aren't open on weekends and they are charging me an extra $20 'handling fee' to pick it up. Sigh. Maybe I can combine the trip with a visit to the Museum of Play in Rochester. They have a pretty cool video game exhibit.

        Andy

        On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

        > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
        > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
        > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
        >
        > Andy
        >

        > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **

        > > w/ various DISA modules...
        > >
        > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
        > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

        Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
        You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?

        __