Re: Festivus Tradivus

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
      Stuff to trade at the Fesitivus...

      > HP9835
      > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=484

      Bill, you misspelled the model number. That's a nice HP 68K based scientific and lab computer. They were used to collect data and to process it as a desktop computer. They aren't terribly appreciated these days. It's outside my area of collecting, regretfully.

      > ADDS Regent 20 (now cleaned, works or partially works)
      > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=480

      I covet the CRT and keyboard. But it should be restored for use of course.

      I'll bring two videogame systems with some carts, namely:

      INtellivision system with attached paddles, untested, with about 20 Intellivision games in boxes. Also, Atari 2600 "TELE-GAMES" black console, working, with 2 joysticks, 2 paddles, AC adapter, TV cable, Star Raiders cart, Vanguard cart. These have VERY little economic value. Someone will take these back home with them, and it won't be me!

      I didn't plan to bring any other "toys" myself, and I'm pretty busy this week so I can't make anything up most likely. Possibly, some Teletype model 33 stuff, as Bill said he would not mind seeing one or two around to poke at. Last year I brought my Prolog EPROM programmer for 1702's, it was made good use of. No calls for it this year.

      I'd like to get some 12-inch CRT's to fix my ADM-3A terminals. Doesn't look like these will magically appear in Wall NJ.

      As there is a museum full of this stuff, plus stuff stored and in need of attention and love, I'm not sure why we have to bring MORE stuff, other than for fun of various sorts. I mostly come for food, drink and good cheer. After the terrible storm and aftermath, a simple event like this will be welcome.

      Herb Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
        >> I mostly come for food, drink and good cheer. After the terrible storm and aftermath, a simple event like this will be welcome.

        +1.

        We'll have a "real" workshop in the spring.