Re: Repair of MARCH Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 3, 2012
      I did some component swapping, between some Apple IIs a few years ago, in order to build a "better" system. In the end, I realized that for my purposes, closer to original condition is preferable to the slight cosmetic improvements, and undid the swaps.

      Just my 2 cents.

      Regards,
      Mike Willegal

      > JB and I also noticed, just before leaving today, that our * other * 2001 is much cleaner. But it doesn't have a motherboard. One of these days we'll test its keyboard with the first system. If it works, then we'll put the keyboard back into the nicer unit and transfer the motherboard too.

    • joshbensadon
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2012

        > > Was my other advice helpful?
        >
        > Not really. I just used ordinary household aluminum.

        Oh well :( It was fun throwing ideas out there just the same.

        > I don't know the reason why there is a blue label. I just know that it is
        > more rare than the black one.

        Rare or not, it definitely looks much cooler!

        > You can ask Bryan Pope, he knows a lot more
        > about the PETs than I do.

        I was hoping to see Bryan on the weekend at World of Commodore, but I missed him.

        Cheers,
        Josh