re: [midatlanticretro] Festivus Tradivus

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
      -------- Original Message --------

      Evan so Festivus can begin. I know I look forward to manning the grill and
      serving up burgers, dogs & brats...and it's nice to know there will be a
      terrible movie or two to keep us entertained....but I also look forward to
      the potential of a buy/sell/trades. I have a couple tubs of random items
      mainly video game related readt to go already, but I may dig out some
      vintage computer related items and put together a list tomorrow night as I
      need to shed some of the larger pieces from my collection over the next
      couple of months.

      > Sooooo,

      I am brining for sale or trade, but only if anyone wants. contact me
      privately if interested, with an offer.

      HP8535
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=484

      ADDS Regent 20 (now cleaned, works or partially works)
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=480

      Tektronix 535 (used at our last workshop, but died in the middle still
      faintly visible control line, fixable?)
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=451
      (i have no space for a huge oscilloscope with cart when I have others that
      are smaller)

      Food
      I am bringing sushi or rolls, and OJ. Let me know if anyone interested.

      Video
      I will bring a VCR if anyone interested in watching an old Apple corporate
      video from the late 80's when jobs was not employed there. There's a
      section where wozniac gives a talk. No one seems to have this. I have not
      converted to modern. I also have a cool promo video for the amiga video
      toaster on vhs, an os/2 networking training video, more.
      Bill
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
        Stuff to trade at the Fesitivus...

        > HP9835
        > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=484

        Bill, you misspelled the model number. That's a nice HP 68K based scientific and lab computer. They were used to collect data and to process it as a desktop computer. They aren't terribly appreciated these days. It's outside my area of collecting, regretfully.

        > ADDS Regent 20 (now cleaned, works or partially works)
        > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=480

        I covet the CRT and keyboard. But it should be restored for use of course.

        I'll bring two videogame systems with some carts, namely:

        INtellivision system with attached paddles, untested, with about 20 Intellivision games in boxes. Also, Atari 2600 "TELE-GAMES" black console, working, with 2 joysticks, 2 paddles, AC adapter, TV cable, Star Raiders cart, Vanguard cart. These have VERY little economic value. Someone will take these back home with them, and it won't be me!

        I didn't plan to bring any other "toys" myself, and I'm pretty busy this week so I can't make anything up most likely. Possibly, some Teletype model 33 stuff, as Bill said he would not mind seeing one or two around to poke at. Last year I brought my Prolog EPROM programmer for 1702's, it was made good use of. No calls for it this year.

        I'd like to get some 12-inch CRT's to fix my ADM-3A terminals. Doesn't look like these will magically appear in Wall NJ.

        As there is a museum full of this stuff, plus stuff stored and in need of attention and love, I'm not sure why we have to bring MORE stuff, other than for fun of various sorts. I mostly come for food, drink and good cheer. After the terrible storm and aftermath, a simple event like this will be welcome.

        Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
          >> I mostly come for food, drink and good cheer. After the terrible storm and aftermath, a simple event like this will be welcome.

          +1.

          We'll have a "real" workshop in the spring.