Festivus Tradivus

  • Justin Jernigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
      It's always nice to huddle around the aluminum pole and watch Degnan pin Evan so Festivus can begin. I know I look forward to manning the grill and serving up burgers, dogs & brats...and it's nice to know there will be a terrible movie or two to keep us entertained....but I also look forward to the potential of a buy/sell/trades. I have a couple tubs of random items mainly video game related readt to go already, but I may dig out some vintage computer related items and put together a list tomorrow night as I need to shed some of the larger pieces from my collection over the next couple of months.

      Sooooo, anyone bringing anything?
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
        > and watch Degnan pin Evan

        Is that a challenge? :)
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
          > It's always nice to huddle around the aluminum pole and watch Degnan pin
          Evan so Festivus can begin. I know I look forward to manning the grill and
          serving up burgers, dogs & brats...and it's nice to know there will be a
          terrible movie or two to keep us entertained....but I also look forward to
          the potential of a buy/sell/trades. I have a couple tubs of random items
          mainly video game related readt to go already, but I may dig out some
          vintage computer related items and put together a list tomorrow night as I
          need to shed some of the larger pieces from my collection over the next
          couple of months.

          > Sooooo,

          I am brining for sale or trade, but only if anyone wants. contact me
          privately if interested, with an offer.

          HP8535
          http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=484

          ADDS Regent 20 (now cleaned, works or partially works)
          http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=480

          Tektronix 535 (used at our last workshop, but died in the middle still
          faintly visible control line, fixable?)
          http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=451
          (i have no space for a huge oscilloscope with cart when I have others that
          are smaller)

          Food
          I am bringing sushi or rolls, and OJ. Let me know if anyone interested.

          Video
          I will bring a VCR if anyone interested in watching an old Apple corporate
          video from the late 80's when jobs was not employed there. There's a
          section where wozniac gives a talk. No one seems to have this. I have not
          converted to modern. I also have a cool promo video for the amiga video
          toaster on vhs, an os/2 networking training video, more.
          Bill
        • s100doctor
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
            Stuff to trade at the Fesitivus...

            > HP9835
            > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=484

            Bill, you misspelled the model number. That's a nice HP 68K based scientific and lab computer. They were used to collect data and to process it as a desktop computer. They aren't terribly appreciated these days. It's outside my area of collecting, regretfully.

            > ADDS Regent 20 (now cleaned, works or partially works)
            > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=480

            I covet the CRT and keyboard. But it should be restored for use of course.

            I'll bring two videogame systems with some carts, namely:

            INtellivision system with attached paddles, untested, with about 20 Intellivision games in boxes. Also, Atari 2600 "TELE-GAMES" black console, working, with 2 joysticks, 2 paddles, AC adapter, TV cable, Star Raiders cart, Vanguard cart. These have VERY little economic value. Someone will take these back home with them, and it won't be me!

            I didn't plan to bring any other "toys" myself, and I'm pretty busy this week so I can't make anything up most likely. Possibly, some Teletype model 33 stuff, as Bill said he would not mind seeing one or two around to poke at. Last year I brought my Prolog EPROM programmer for 1702's, it was made good use of. No calls for it this year.

            I'd like to get some 12-inch CRT's to fix my ADM-3A terminals. Doesn't look like these will magically appear in Wall NJ.

            As there is a museum full of this stuff, plus stuff stored and in need of attention and love, I'm not sure why we have to bring MORE stuff, other than for fun of various sorts. I mostly come for food, drink and good cheer. After the terrible storm and aftermath, a simple event like this will be welcome.

            Herb Johnson
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
              >> I mostly come for food, drink and good cheer. After the terrible storm and aftermath, a simple event like this will be welcome.

              +1.

              We'll have a "real" workshop in the spring.