Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone missing a DEC server?

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
      Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

      >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
      >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.

      This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
    • Neil Cherry
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
        On 12/02/2012 09:37 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
        > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
        >
        > >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
        > >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.
        >
        > This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

        Yup, that's the beast (a 3300). I had 2 3400's at work but one day they
        just simply failed. I used to do DECnet (Ph 4 & 5) support for the
        Managed Network Services. Actually I've worked with a great many protocols
        (PUP, XNS, Netbios, Netbeui (sp?), SNA, Vines, & IP). It was a very cool job
        and it was fun.

        http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
        http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog