Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone missing a DEC server?

  • Neil Cherry
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
      On 12/02/2012 09:12 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
      > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
      >
      > >On 12/02/2012 08:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > Jeff and I found a
      > >deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops
      > >> and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to
      > >a MARCHin?
      > >
      > >Oh sorry, those are March's now. I donated them. I have a few more bits
      > >for the DECServer. I also have a bunch of Byte Magazines to drop off.
      > >
      > >I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's
      > >happened it must have been overlooked.
      >
      > Is it a DECserver? Or, a DEC server? In either case, what's the model.

      It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
      of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
        Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

        >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
        >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.

        This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

        "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
        and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
      • Neil Cherry
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
          On 12/02/2012 09:37 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
          > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
          >
          > >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
          > >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.
          >
          > This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

          Yup, that's the beast (a 3300). I had 2 3400's at work but one day they
          just simply failed. I used to do DECnet (Ph 4 & 5) support for the
          Managed Network Services. Actually I've worked with a great many protocols
          (PUP, XNS, Netbios, Netbeui (sp?), SNA, Vines, & IP). It was a very cool job
          and it was fun.