Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone missing a DEC server?

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
      >> I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's happened

      Oh! Sorry about missing that. Thank you for the donation.
    • Neil Cherry
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
        On 12/02/2012 09:12 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
        > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
        >
        > >On 12/02/2012 08:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > Jeff and I found a
        > >deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops
        > >> and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to
        > >a MARCHin?
        > >
        > >Oh sorry, those are March's now. I donated them. I have a few more bits
        > >for the DECServer. I also have a bunch of Byte Magazines to drop off.
        > >
        > >I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's
        > >happened it must have been overlooked.
        >
        > Is it a DECserver? Or, a DEC server? In either case, what's the model.

        It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
        of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.

        http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
        http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
          Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

          >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
          >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.

          This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

          "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
          and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
        • Neil Cherry
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
            On 12/02/2012 09:37 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
            > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
            >
            > >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
            > >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.
            >
            > This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

            Yup, that's the beast (a 3300). I had 2 3400's at work but one day they
            just simply failed. I used to do DECnet (Ph 4 & 5) support for the
            Managed Network Services. Actually I've worked with a great many protocols
            (PUP, XNS, Netbios, Netbeui (sp?), SNA, Vines, & IP). It was a very cool job
            and it was fun.