Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone missing a DEC server?

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
      Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

      >On 12/02/2012 08:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > Jeff and I found a
      >deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops
      >> and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to
      >a MARCHin?
      >
      >Oh sorry, those are March's now. I donated them. I have a few more bits
      >for the DECServer. I also have a bunch of Byte Magazines to drop off.
      >
      >I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's
      >happened it must have been overlooked.

      Is it a DECserver? Or, a DEC server? In either case, what's the model.

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
        >> I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's happened

        Oh! Sorry about missing that. Thank you for the donation.
      • Neil Cherry
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
          On 12/02/2012 09:12 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
          > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
          >
          > >On 12/02/2012 08:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > Jeff and I found a
          > >deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops
          > >> and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to
          > >a MARCHin?
          > >
          > >Oh sorry, those are March's now. I donated them. I have a few more bits
          > >for the DECServer. I also have a bunch of Byte Magazines to drop off.
          > >
          > >I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's
          > >happened it must have been overlooked.
          >
          > Is it a DECserver? Or, a DEC server? In either case, what's the model.

          It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
          of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.

          http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
          http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012

            This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
              On 12/02/2012 09:37 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
              > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
              >
              > >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
              > >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.
              >
              > This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

              Yup, that's the beast (a 3300). I had 2 3400's at work but one day they
              just simply failed. I used to do DECnet (Ph 4 & 5) support for the
              Managed Network Services. Actually I've worked with a great many protocols
              (PUP, XNS, Netbios, Netbeui (sp?), SNA, Vines, & IP). It was a very cool job
              and it was fun.