Anyone missing a DEC server?

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
      Jeff and I found a deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to a MARCHin?
    • Neil Cherry
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
        On 12/02/2012 08:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Jeff and I found a deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops
        > and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to a MARCHin?

        Oh sorry, those are March's now. I donated them. I have a few more bits for the DECServer.
        I also have a bunch of Byte Magazines to drop off.

        I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's happened
        it must have been overlooked.

        http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
        http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
          Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

          >On 12/02/2012 08:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > Jeff and I found a
          >deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops
          >> and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to
          >a MARCHin?
          >
          >Oh sorry, those are March's now. I donated them. I have a few more bits
          >for the DECServer. I also have a bunch of Byte Magazines to drop off.
          >
          >I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's
          >happened it must have been overlooked.

          Is it a DECserver? Or, a DEC server? In either case, what's the model.

          "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
          and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
            >> I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's happened

            Oh! Sorry about missing that. Thank you for the donation.
          • Neil Cherry
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
              On 12/02/2012 09:12 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
              > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
              >
              > >On 12/02/2012 08:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > Jeff and I found a
              > >deskside DEC server in the utility room next to where we hold workshops
              > >> and parties. We also found a Timex 1000 book there. Do these belong to
              > >a MARCHin?
              > >
              > >Oh sorry, those are March's now. I donated them. I have a few more bits
              > >for the DECServer. I also have a bunch of Byte Magazines to drop off.
              > >
              > >I did send out an email a few weeks ago but with everything that's
              > >happened it must have been overlooked.
              >
              > Is it a DECserver? Or, a DEC server? In either case, what's the model.

              It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
              of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012

                This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
                  On 12/02/2012 09:37 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                  > Neil Cherry <ncherry@... <mailto:ncherry%40linuxha.com>> writes:
                  >
                  > >It's a 3300 (ESDI), not sure if it's a VAX or DECsever. I have a couple
                  > >of extra cards (SCSI) from a 3400. The don't quite fit the 3300.
                  >
                  > This? http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/vax/archive/mv3300.html

                  Yup, that's the beast (a 3300). I had 2 3400's at work but one day they
                  just simply failed. I used to do DECnet (Ph 4 & 5) support for the
                  Managed Network Services. Actually I've worked with a great many protocols
                  (PUP, XNS, Netbios, Netbeui (sp?), SNA, Vines, & IP). It was a very cool job
                  and it was fun.