Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Repair of MARCH Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard

    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 2, 2012
      JB and I also noticed, just before leaving today, that our * other * 2001 is much cleaner. But it doesn't have a motherboard. One of these days we'll test its keyboard with the first system. If it works, then we'll put the keyboard back into the nicer unit and transfer the motherboard too.
    • joshbensadon
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2012

        > > Was my other advice helpful?
        >
        > Not really. I just used ordinary household aluminum.

        Oh well :( It was fun throwing ideas out there just the same.

        > I don't know the reason why there is a blue label. I just know that it is
        > more rare than the black one.

        Rare or not, it definitely looks much cooler!

        > You can ask Bryan Pope, he knows a lot more
        > about the PETs than I do.

        I was hoping to see Bryan on the weekend at World of Commodore, but I missed him.

        Cheers,
        Josh