Re: Repair of MARCH Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 2, 2012
      If you go to an auto parts store you can buy aluminum tape pretty cheap. Also Home depot will have for duct work (I can check later if I still have some left). You can then use a hole punch to make a small circle and a small thin razor blade and a tweezer to remove the backing and place on the rubber. That should work.

      Another idea is maybe those radioshack silvering pens. They are about $20 bucks though and I'm not 100% sure it won't crack and flake off when dry.

      Good luck,
      Corey

    • joshbensadon
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2012

        > > Was my other advice helpful?
        >
        > Not really. I just used ordinary household aluminum.

        Oh well :( It was fun throwing ideas out there just the same.

        > I don't know the reason why there is a blue label. I just know that it is
        > more rare than the black one.

        Rare or not, it definitely looks much cooler!

        > You can ask Bryan Pope, he knows a lot more
        > about the PETs than I do.

        I was hoping to see Bryan on the weekend at World of Commodore, but I missed him.

        Cheers,
        Josh