Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Repair of MARCH Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2012
      From: joshbensadon
      Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:02 AM

      >A dry finger won't do, you need to have a moist finger and even that
      >sometimes doesn't work, depends on the value of the pull up resistors.

      I will try it with a wet finger next time.

      Do you think that ordinary household aluminum foil would work ok ?

      Jeff B
    • joshbensadon
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2012

        > > Was my other advice helpful?
        >
        > Not really. I just used ordinary household aluminum.

        Oh well :( It was fun throwing ideas out there just the same.

        > I don't know the reason why there is a blue label. I just know that it is
        > more rare than the black one.

        Rare or not, it definitely looks much cooler!

        > You can ask Bryan Pope, he knows a lot more
        > about the PETs than I do.

        I was hoping to see Bryan on the weekend at World of Commodore, but I missed him.

        Cheers,
        Josh