Graham 2220 6250 CPI 1600 BPI reel tape

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
      Can anyone read a UNIX TAR on a 1600 BPI reel, and send me as an email
      attachment? If so, I will let you keep the reel. I assume we don't have a
      working system at MARCH, but hopefully someone at the upcoming festivus has
      this ability and I can avoid shipping. What I mean by "ability" is that
      this person has a working system and can perform the work
      easily/conveniently.

      It's a Graham 2220 6250 CPI 1600 BPI reel tape. The date on the label is
      Spring 1987.

      Let me know

      Bill
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
        On Sat, 1 Dec 2012, B. Degnan wrote:

        > Can anyone read a UNIX TAR on a 1600 BPI reel, and send me as an email
        > attachment? If so, I will let you keep the reel. I assume we don't have a
        > working system at MARCH, but hopefully someone at the upcoming festivus has
        > this ability and I can avoid shipping. What I mean by "ability" is that
        > this person has a working system and can perform the work
        > easily/conveniently.
        >
        > It's a Graham 2220 6250 CPI 1600 BPI reel tape. The date on the label is
        > Spring 1987.
        >
        > Let me know

        I'm set up for that. Do you know what Unix OS and system it's from?

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
          On 12/01/2012 10:37 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
          > Can anyone read a UNIX TAR on a 1600 BPI reel, and send me as an email
          > attachment? If so, I will let you keep the reel. I assume we don't have a
          > working system at MARCH, but hopefully someone at the upcoming festivus has
          > this ability and I can avoid shipping. What I mean by "ability" is that
          > this person has a working system and can perform the work
          > easily/conveniently.
          >
          > It's a Graham 2220 6250 CPI 1600 BPI reel tape. The date on the label is
          > Spring 1987.
          >
          > Let me know

          I can read it.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Kelly D. Leavitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
            I guess it comes down to whoever is closest or comes to Festivus. I too can read this format (at least for now).

            Kelly