Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Repair of MARCH Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 30, 2012
      On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, joshbensadon wrote:

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I am working on getting MARCHâ??s Commodore PET 2001 chiclet keyboard working again. There were some keys that were not working.
      >

      > Hi, I have a 2001 in my repair queue. I don't know if the keyboard
      > needs any attention, but I would suggest using some aluminum tape? Or
      > use that product for $9.99. Or, you can also get Silver PCB Repair pen.
      > It deposits silver and drys to a conductive trace. If I had the time, I
      > could try it on my system as I have one of these pens. I also have used
      > the rubber keypad repair, I doubt it will work for you. I suspect the
      > rubber is too far gone. The keypad repair kit is a limited fix.

      I wouldn't use a PCB Repair Pen on anything flexible. The first time
      you press a key, it will crack.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • joshbensadon
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 3, 2012

        > > Was my other advice helpful?
        >
        > Not really. I just used ordinary household aluminum.

        Oh well :( It was fun throwing ideas out there just the same.

        > I don't know the reason why there is a blue label. I just know that it is
        > more rare than the black one.

        Rare or not, it definitely looks much cooler!

        > You can ask Bryan Pope, he knows a lot more
        > about the PETs than I do.

        I was hoping to see Bryan on the weekend at World of Commodore, but I missed him.

        Cheers,
        Josh