Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: [infoage] Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
      Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

      >On 11/29/2012 07:45 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > See below (from the
      >InfoAge staff/volunteers list).
      >
      >> http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)
      >
      >Nice racey picture (Bikini) on one of the computers. I'm surprised AT&T
      >let that slip.

      And that groovy background music. Makes me want to get out the bell-
      bottoms, beads and banana peels. :)

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
        On 11/30/2012 01:31 AM, Douglas wrote:
        >>> See below (from the InfoAge staff/volunteers list).
        >>
        >>> http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)
        >>
        >> Nice racey picture (Bikini) on one of the computers. I'm surprised AT&T
        >> let that slip.
        >
        > I may not recognize all the equipment, but I believe the classic
        > retro bikini parts belong to Raquel Welch.

        That's some excellent classic hardware.

        We use our old hardware for enjoyment, but it's also still useful for
        real practical applications. Stupid people say things like "but there's
        newer stuff out there!" as if that really means "newer" is automatically
        "better". A lot of the time it just isn't the case.

        Fortunately for us, we think for ourselves, and can find vast
        enjoyment, and even get some real work done, using awesome classic
        hardware like this. It's enjoyable, it's practical (though possibly
        only barely so), and it's Just Plain Fun.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
          Bill,

          You have very strange fantasies!

          Jim

          On 11/30/2012 7:51 AM, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

          Man!  Wouldn’t you love to be able to reassemble that data center?  The model railroad guys

          will  run a day on their tracks, moving “cargo” and “passengers” around.  Imagine gathering up

          the volunteers to fully “staff” that facility and running a day’s jobs.

          Bill S.

          _

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
            Evan,

            That is a very cool site. I can waste more time than on YouTube!

            Jim

            From: Martin A Flynn <maflynn@...>
            Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:40:18 -0500
            ReplyTo: maflynn@...
            Subject: [infoage] Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

            From the ColdWar list on Yahoo!    Video Special: ATT Archives: BTL Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

            http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)

            Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!