RE: [midatlanticretro] Retro IBM Card Christmas Wreath

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2012
      Christian Liendo wrote:
      > Did people really do this in the 60s?
      >

      > http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/hsh/3412842969.html

      Yes. In my family we had a Santa Claus made from folded
      punch cards. Unlike that wreath, the cards were used
      (punched). The punch holes gave a more lacey effect. It
      was about 18 inches tall. I think my grandmother made it.
      It was the holiday centerpiece at our house for a number
      of years. It was damaged in a move and discarded before
      I got into computers as a young teenager. I wish I had it
      now.

      Bill S.