Re: [midatlanticretro] Important: Two weeks 'til MARCH Festivus!

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 29, 2012
      From: Evan Koblentz
      Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 9:03 AM

      >Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Please remember that
      >our awesome club holiday party is just two weeks away!!!! It's from
      >Saturday, Dec. 8, around lunchtime, until Sunday, Dec. 9, whenever people
      >leave.

      >MARCH will supply BBQ basics and non-alcoholic beverages. Everyone's
      >encouraged to bring something -- food, beer, entertainment, tech, etc.

      What exactly are included in those "basics" ? plates ? nakins ? ketchup ?
      which non-alcoholic beverages ? I was thinking about bringing a case of
      water and some coke zero. maybe some yuengling lager lite and maybe a bottle
      of whiskey.

      Ian Primus, are you bringing your video games and tvs ?

      Corey, are you bringing your tv ?

      I'm wondering who is bringing what entertainment system.

      Also is the room ready for us to use (i.e. does it need cleaning or cleaning
      out of junk ) ? How many tables will we need etc. ?

      >$10 "required donation" that we'll give to InfoAge for hosting us.

      >Please start posting * in this thread * about what you'll bring.

      Perhaps you should make a list of what is needed, so that others can tell us
      what they will bring ? Last year I made a list of what people can bring and
      are bringing on google docs. Like so:
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aot1Lys9TBOPdG4yczNPNFR1Z2hDT3pmWVdla1BqZ1E#gid=0

      Jeff Brace
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
        Hellooooooooo MARCH .... oddly quiet this year about the party ... we really need to know how many people are going, with just 8 days until party time.

        1. Me (Sat. only)
        2. Jeff B.

        Beuller? Beuller?

        Anyone who doesn't respond should not complain about our lack of preparation / supplies. :)
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
          >> What exactly are included in those "basics" ? plates ? nakins ? ketchup ? which non-alcoholic beverages ?

          I'll let Justin answer.
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
              I will drop in briefly sometime Saturday with $10 and beer for myself in my
              jacket pockets.

              "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
              and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                I'm on my two weeks reserve duty starting Monday.
                I am going to try and make Sat..
                I will hit the exchange and see whats available.. Remember for me is what I can carry on a train.
              • J. Alexander Jacocks
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                  On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

                  I'm on my two weeks reserve duty starting Monday.
                  I am going to try and make Sat..
                  I will hit the exchange and see whats available.. Remember for me is what I can carry on a train.

                  I'm planning to be there.

                  - Alex