Retro IBM Card Christmas Wreath

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
      Did people really do this in the 60s?

      http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/hsh/3412842969.html
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
        > Did people really do this in the 60s?

        Yes.

        --
        Will
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
          On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, Christian Liendo wrote:

          > Did people really do this in the 60s?
          >

          > http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/hsh/3412842969.html

          Hell, yes. I had one.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
            On Nov 29, 2012, at 10:50 PM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:
            > Did people really do this in the 60s?
            >

            > http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/hsh/3412842969.html

            Are you kidding?? People did that into the *80s*, man. My grandmother brought one home from work every year well into my high school years.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 30, 2012
              Christian Liendo wrote:
              > Did people really do this in the 60s?
              >

              > http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/hsh/3412842969.html

              Yes. In my family we had a Santa Claus made from folded
              punch cards. Unlike that wreath, the cards were used
              (punched). The punch holes gave a more lacey effect. It
              was about 18 inches tall. I think my grandmother made it.
              It was the holiday centerpiece at our house for a number
              of years. It was damaged in a move and discarded before
              I got into computers as a young teenager. I wish I had it
              now.

              Bill S.