Fw: [infoage] Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
      See below (from the InfoAge staff/volunteers list).

      From: Martin A Flynn <maflynn@...>
      Sender: infoage-bounce@...
      Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:40:18 -0500
      To: <infoage@...>
      ReplyTo: maflynn@...
      Subject: [infoage] Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

      From the ColdWar list on Yahoo!    Video Special: ATT Archives: BTL Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

      http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)

      Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

    • Neil Cherry
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
        On 11/29/2012 07:45 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > See below (from the InfoAge staff/volunteers list).

        > http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)

        Nice racey picture (Bikini) on one of the computers. I'm surprised AT&T
        let that slip.

        http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
        http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
          Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

          >On 11/29/2012 07:45 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote: > See below (from the
          >InfoAge staff/volunteers list).
          >
          >> http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)
          >
          >Nice racey picture (Bikini) on one of the computers. I'm surprised AT&T
          >let that slip.

          And that groovy background music. Makes me want to get out the bell-
          bottoms, beads and banana peels. :)

          "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
          and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
        • Douglas
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> wrote:

            > On 11/29/2012 07:45 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > > See below (from the InfoAge staff/volunteers list).
            >
            > > http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)
            >
            > Nice racey picture (Bikini) on one of the computers. I'm surprised AT&T
            > let that slip.
            >
            > --
            > Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@...
            > http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
            > http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
            > Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

            I may not recognize all the equipment, but I believe the classic
            retro bikini parts belong to Raquel Welch.
          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012

              Man!  Wouldn’t you love to be able to reassemble that data center?  The model railroad guys

              will  run a day on their tracks, moving “cargo” and “passengers” around.  Imagine gathering up

              the volunteers to fully “staff” that facility and running a day’s jobs.

              Bill S.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
                On 11/30/2012 01:31 AM, Douglas wrote:
                >>> See below (from the InfoAge staff/volunteers list).
                >>
                >>> http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)
                >>
                >> Nice racey picture (Bikini) on one of the computers. I'm surprised AT&T
                >> let that slip.
                >
                > I may not recognize all the equipment, but I believe the classic
                > retro bikini parts belong to Raquel Welch.

                That's some excellent classic hardware.

                We use our old hardware for enjoyment, but it's also still useful for
                real practical applications. Stupid people say things like "but there's
                newer stuff out there!" as if that really means "newer" is automatically
                "better". A lot of the time it just isn't the case.

                Fortunately for us, we think for ourselves, and can find vast
                enjoyment, and even get some real work done, using awesome classic
                hardware like this. It's enjoyable, it's practical (though possibly
                only barely so), and it's Just Plain Fun.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
                    Evan,

                    That is a very cool site. I can waste more time than on YouTube!

                    Jim

                    From: Martin A Flynn <maflynn@...>
                    Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:40:18 -0500
                    ReplyTo: maflynn@...

                    From the ColdWar list on Yahoo!    Video Special: ATT Archives: BTL Holmdel Comp Center 1973!

                    http://j.mp/WxthgR (ATT)

                    Video Special: ATT Archives: Bell Telephone Laboratories / Holmdel Comp Center 1973!