Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's UNIVAC

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 29, 2012

      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's UNIVAC

      All,

      I will be going to a meeting tomorrow that they have, off base, for retired  for people.

      I put out the word to gather up and save anything they might still have.

      I retired in 2007 so could have had big  a clean up since then.

      I would assume that you need Doc’s for:

      1219 Computer ( Mk 152 Computer/ C-848)
      1540 Mag tape (Mk 19 Digital Data Recorder / RD-294)
      1532 Input-Output console ( Mk 77 I/O Console)
              KSR 35 Teletype
              Teletype BRPE Punch
              Digitronics 2500 Paper tape reader

      Motor-Generator (ships used a KATO 2.5 KW) not sure if shore installations had same.

      Does sound like what you have?

      On the 16 channel computers the lower right hand drawer was empty. some times the techs would keep the pubs there. Worth a look.

      Hope to have more for you next week

      Duane Craps

      Also keep an eye out for maintenance  or diagnostic paper/mylar tapes.

      Bill

    • DuaneCraps
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 18, 2012
        All,

        A little history of your 1219B  computers, from: When Computers Went to Sea

        I was involved in that first installation at Norfolk Naval Shipyard.

        Yes the, 1219B (Mk 152) was my first computer love.

        Duane

        Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:44 PM
        Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: MARCH's UNIVAC

        > I see it as a fairly substantial project, not a small task.

        Oh, please. Half hour AT MOST.

        --
        Will