Re: Fwd: Cheap PDP-11/03 on ebay

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:

      > > save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
      >
      > Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
      > Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
      > more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
      >
      > Mike.

      There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.

      If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.

      :) Josh
    • Jason Howe
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
        On 11/27/2012 08:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:
        >>> save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
        >> Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
        >> Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
        >> more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
        >>
        >> Mike.
        >
        > There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.
        >
        > If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.
        >
        > :) Josh

        Drool. This is probably also a really cheap way for someone to get
        their feet wet with a PDP. No room and no time for me right now. I'm
        sure I'll regret not picking this up in a few years.

        --Jason
      • Douglas
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
          w/ various DISA modules...

          Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
          Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?
        • Andrew Molloy

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 4, 2012
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

              > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
              > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
              > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
              >
              > Andy
              >

              > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > w/ various DISA modules...
              > >
              > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
              > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

              Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
              You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?
            • Andrew Molloy
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
                I was going to let them keep the rest, but you would be welcome to the DISA equipment if you want. :)  The only downside so far is that they aren't open on weekends and they are charging me an extra $20 'handling fee' to pick it up. Sigh. Maybe I can combine the trip with a visit to the Museum of Play in Rochester. They have a pretty cool video game exhibit.

                Andy

                On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

                > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
                > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
                > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
                >
                > Andy
                >

                > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **

                > > w/ various DISA modules...
                > >
                > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

                Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
                You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?

                __