Re: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: Cheap PDP-11/03 on ebay

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
      On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Dave Wade wrote:

      > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

      Go for it, Andy Molloy!

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Andrew Molloy
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
        Man, that is tempting but I've got no more room in the attic and my wife would kill me. However, it sure would please the 11/34 to have someone to talk with up there. :)

        Andy

        On Tuesday, November 27, 2012, Mike Loewen wrote:

        On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Dave Wade wrote:

        > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:

          > > save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
          >
          > Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
          > Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
          > more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
          >
          > Mike.

          There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.

          If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.

          :) Josh
        • Jason Howe
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
            On 11/27/2012 08:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:
            >>> save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
            >> Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
            >> Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
            >> more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
            >>
            >> Mike.
            >
            > There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.
            >
            > If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.
            >
            > :) Josh

            Drool. This is probably also a really cheap way for someone to get
            their feet wet with a PDP. No room and no time for me right now. I'm
            sure I'll regret not picking this up in a few years.

            --Jason
          • Douglas
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
              w/ various DISA modules...

              Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
              Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?
            • Andrew Molloy

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 4, 2012
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

                  > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
                  > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
                  > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
                  >
                  > Andy
                  >

                  > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > w/ various DISA modules...
                  > >
                  > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                  > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

                  Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
                  You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?
                • Andrew Molloy
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
                    I was going to let them keep the rest, but you would be welcome to the DISA equipment if you want. :)  The only downside so far is that they aren't open on weekends and they are charging me an extra $20 'handling fee' to pick it up. Sigh. Maybe I can combine the trip with a visit to the Museum of Play in Rochester. They have a pretty cool video game exhibit.

                    Andy

                    On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:

                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

                    > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
                    > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
                    > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
                    >
                    > Andy
                    >

                    > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **

                    > > w/ various DISA modules...
                    > >
                    > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                    > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

                    Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
                    You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?

                    __