Re: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: Cheap PDP-11/03 on ebay

  • Mike Hatch
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
      On 27/11/2012 08:18, Dave Wade wrote:
      > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

      Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
      Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
      more than $20 of parts and scrap there .

      Mike.

      > http://www.ebay.com/itm/160930444034

    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
        On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Dave Wade wrote:

        > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

        Go for it, Andy Molloy!

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Andrew Molloy
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
          Man, that is tempting but I've got no more room in the attic and my wife would kill me. However, it sure would please the 11/34 to have someone to talk with up there. :)

          Andy

          On Tuesday, November 27, 2012, Mike Loewen wrote:

          On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Dave Wade wrote:

          > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:

            > > save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
            >
            > Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
            > Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
            > more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
            >
            > Mike.

            There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.

            If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.

            :) Josh
          • Jason Howe
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
              On 11/27/2012 08:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:
              >>> save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
              >> Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
              >> Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
              >> more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
              >>
              >> Mike.
              >
              > There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.
              >
              > If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.
              >
              > :) Josh

              Drool. This is probably also a really cheap way for someone to get
              their feet wet with a PDP. No room and no time for me right now. I'm
              sure I'll regret not picking this up in a few years.

              --Jason
            • Douglas
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
                w/ various DISA modules...

                Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?
              • Andrew Molloy

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 4, 2012
                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

                    > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
                    > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
                    > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
                    >
                    > Andy
                    >

                    > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > w/ various DISA modules...
                    > >
                    > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                    > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

                    Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
                    You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?
                  • Andrew Molloy
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
                      I was going to let them keep the rest, but you would be welcome to the DISA equipment if you want. :)  The only downside so far is that they aren't open on weekends and they are charging me an extra $20 'handling fee' to pick it up. Sigh. Maybe I can combine the trip with a visit to the Museum of Play in Rochester. They have a pretty cool video game exhibit.

                      Andy

                      On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:

                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

                      > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
                      > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
                      > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
                      >
                      > Andy
                      >

                      > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **

                      > > w/ various DISA modules...
                      > >
                      > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                      > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

                      Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
                      You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?

                      __