Fwd: Cheap PDP-11/03 on ebay

  • Dave Wade
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
      In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

      I know 11/03 are really boring but, this one didn't even get a single
      bid at $99 last time and now they've relisted it starting at $19.99.  If
      someone doesn't pick it up I bet it gets scrapped next. Someone should
      save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/160930444034

    • Mike Hatch
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
        On 27/11/2012 08:18, Dave Wade wrote:
        > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

        Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
        Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
        more than $20 of parts and scrap there .

        Mike.

        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/160930444034

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
          On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Dave Wade wrote:

          > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

          Go for it, Andy Molloy!

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Andrew Molloy
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
            Man, that is tempting but I've got no more room in the attic and my wife would kill me. However, it sure would please the 11/34 to have someone to talk with up there. :)

            Andy

            On Tuesday, November 27, 2012, Mike Loewen wrote:

            On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Dave Wade wrote:

            > In case any one is interested and not on cctalk

          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:

              > > save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
              >
              > Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
              > Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
              > more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
              >
              > Mike.

              There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.

              If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.

              :) Josh
            • Jason Howe
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
                On 11/27/2012 08:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hatch <mike@...> wrote:
                >>> save it for $20 if they are local. Looks like Rochester, NY.
                >> Damn, I'd punt $20 just to see what that kit is all about, but then the
                >> Atlantic gets in the way. Keep the 11/03 (spares ?) and there must be
                >> more than $20 of parts and scrap there .
                >>
                >> Mike.
                >
                > There's probably $100 in scrap metal alone.
                >
                > If I had the room and time, I would definitely drive down from Toronto for such a beast.
                >
                > :) Josh

                Drool. This is probably also a really cheap way for someone to get
                their feet wet with a PDP. No room and no time for me right now. I'm
                sure I'll regret not picking this up in a few years.

                --Jason
              • Douglas
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
                  w/ various DISA modules...

                  Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                  Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?
                • Andrew Molloy

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 4 11:48 PM
                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

                      > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
                      > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
                      > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
                      >
                      > Andy
                      >

                      > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > w/ various DISA modules...
                      > >
                      > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                      > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

                      Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
                      You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?
                    • Andrew Molloy
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 5 7:35 PM
                        I was going to let them keep the rest, but you would be welcome to the DISA equipment if you want. :)  The only downside so far is that they aren't open on weekends and they are charging me an extra $20 'handling fee' to pick it up. Sigh. Maybe I can combine the trip with a visit to the Museum of Play in Rochester. They have a pretty cool video game exhibit.

                        Andy

                        On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:

                        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

                        > Guess the PDP is coming home with me after all. Actually, I'm planning to
                        > drop it off at work and futz with it there. Now I just have to coordinate a
                        > short trip to Rochester to pick it up--maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
                        >
                        > Andy
                        >

                        > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Douglas <touchetek@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > **

                        > > w/ various DISA modules...
                        > >
                        > > Is the DISA equipment of historical interest?
                        > > Is that Defence Information Systems Agency or something else?

                        Congrats! I'm glad I didn't bid against you.
                        You bringing the whole thing home or letting them scrap the rest?

                        __