Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco Items In MA...Anyone from Northhampton?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012

      >> I bet they want the $700 even if you pick up. I've seen that trick many times to get the prices up. I always check the S+H because of that.

      No, it says that fee is eliminated if you pick it up; it's in the Q&A part toward the bottom of the auction page.

      MARCH owns a Z2H. We'd love to have an original Cromemco if any MARCHins have one to spare (or trade).
    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012

        > >> I bet they want the $700 even if you pick up. I've seen that trick many times to get the prices up. I always check the S+H because of that.
        >
        > No, it says that fee is eliminated if you pick it up; it's in the Q&A part toward the bottom of the auction page.
        >
        > MARCH owns a Z2H. We'd love to have an original Cromemco if any MARCHins have one to spare (or trade).

        Note there is nothing historical in this lot, but it would be good for MARCH's Z2H if someone wanted to restore it. These are very easy to work on if you're looking to get into S-100 stuff. The old original Cromemco Z1 is just a re-badged IMSAI with a Z80 card.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012

          > Note there is nothing historical in this lot, but it would be good for
          MARCH's Z2H if someone wanted to restore it. These are very easy to work
          on if you're looking to get into S-100 stuff. The old original Cromemco Z1
          is just a re-badged IMSAI with a Z80 card.

          To clarify my statement...the items in the lot are from later Cromemco, and
          this gen of Cromemco is easy to work on. Later Cromemco is good for
          someone who is new to S-100. MARCH's Z2H is from the later years and the
          parts from the lot in MA would probably be useful to restore the Z2H.

          Earlier Cromemco stuff like the Z1 is no easier to work on than the IMSAI
          8080 or Altair.