Cromemco Items In MA...Anyone from Northhampton?

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
      There's a huge lot of later Cromemco stuff

      Ebay - 230887694828

      The shipping is $700, but if you're local you can probably pick up relatively cheap.

      Not quite worth it for me to drive the distance, even if it sells for the current bid price of $.99 with 6 days to go. I estimate it will all sell for $600-ish.

      MARCH could use some of these items for its museum Cromemco

      Bill
    • Neil Cherry
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
        On 11/26/2012 12:10 PM, billdeg wrote:
        > There's a huge lot of later Cromemco stuff
        >
        > Ebay - 230887694828
        >
        > The shipping is $700, but if you're local you can probably pick up relatively cheap.

        I bet they want the $700 even if you pick up. I've seen that trick many times to get
        the prices up. I always check the S+H because of that.

        http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
        http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012

          >> I bet they want the $700 even if you pick up. I've seen that trick many times to get the prices up. I always check the S+H because of that.

          No, it says that fee is eliminated if you pick it up; it's in the Q&A part toward the bottom of the auction page.

          MARCH owns a Z2H. We'd love to have an original Cromemco if any MARCHins have one to spare (or trade).
        • billdeg
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012

            > >> I bet they want the $700 even if you pick up. I've seen that trick many times to get the prices up. I always check the S+H because of that.
            >
            > No, it says that fee is eliminated if you pick it up; it's in the Q&A part toward the bottom of the auction page.
            >
            > MARCH owns a Z2H. We'd love to have an original Cromemco if any MARCHins have one to spare (or trade).

            Note there is nothing historical in this lot, but it would be good for MARCH's Z2H if someone wanted to restore it. These are very easy to work on if you're looking to get into S-100 stuff. The old original Cromemco Z1 is just a re-badged IMSAI with a Z80 card.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012

              > Note there is nothing historical in this lot, but it would be good for
              MARCH's Z2H if someone wanted to restore it. These are very easy to work
              on if you're looking to get into S-100 stuff. The old original Cromemco Z1
              is just a re-badged IMSAI with a Z80 card.

              To clarify my statement...the items in the lot are from later Cromemco, and
              this gen of Cromemco is easy to work on. Later Cromemco is good for
              someone who is new to S-100. MARCH's Z2H is from the later years and the
              parts from the lot in MA would probably be useful to restore the Z2H.

              Earlier Cromemco stuff like the Z1 is no easier to work on than the IMSAI
              8080 or Altair.