Re: [midatlanticretro] [Wanted] Old OS/2 Software

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
      reini,

      Your lack of an email address makes it impossible to send you an email off list. Send me your email address and I'll see what I can do. I've been meaning to image a set of disks for IBM 1.2 Extended Edition.

      MS OS/2 is extremely rare as it was available only as OEM from the PC manufacturers and I'm beginning to wonder if LANMAN is anywhere in the wild. If you have any OS/2 software from 3COM or DEC to trade, it would greatly speed the imaging process. ;-)

      Jim

      On 11/19/2012 2:30 AM, reini1976 wrote:

      I'm hardly searching for old OS/2-Software

      I'm searching for MS and IBM OS/2 1.x and the SDK's and DDK's.
      Also the MS Programmer's Library CD-ROM's.

      Can someone help me?

      With best regards.

      reini1976

    • madodel
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
        On 11/23/12 9:58 PM, Jim Scheef wrote:

        > reini,
        >
        > Your lack of an email address makes it impossible to send you an email off
        > list. Send me your email address and I'll see what I can do. I've been
        > meaning to image a set of disks for IBM 1.2 Extended Edition.
        >
        > MS OS/2 is extremely rare as it was available only as OEM from the PC
        > manufacturers and I'm beginning to wonder if LANMAN is anywhere in the
        > wild. If you have any OS/2 software from 3COM or DEC to trade, it would
        > greatly speed the imaging process. ;-)

        Jim,

        What versions of OS/2 were you looking for images of?

        As to MS OS/2, The hospital where I first worked with OS/2 had lots of MS
        OS/2 1.3 supplied by IBM for some strange reason. They were an IBM
        mainframe shop and used Model 30's, but IBM installed Microsoft's OS/2 on
        them. The hospital trashed it all a couple years or so after I left in
        1992, by which time they upgraded to Warp. I wish I had grabbed a few
        boxes when I left as finding MS branded OS/2 is kind of the Holy Grail now.
        I occasionally see manuals on eBay but never an entire set with media.

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        Warpstock 2013 - http://www.warpstock.org
        Warpstock Europe 2013 -http://www.warpstock.eu

        http://www.os2voice.org

        democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership
        of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private
        Investigation, 1938
      • reini1976
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2012
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:

          > reini,
          >
          > Your lack of an email address makes it impossible to send you an email
          > off list. Send me your email address and I'll see what I can do. I've
          > been meaning to image a set of disks for IBM 1.2 Extended Edition.
          >
          > MS OS/2 is extremely rare as it was available only as OEM from the PC
          > manufacturers and I'm beginning to wonder if LANMAN is anywhere in the
          > wild. If you have any OS/2 software from 3COM or DEC to trade, it would
          > greatly speed the imaging process. ;-)
          >
          > Jim
          >
          > On 11/19/2012 2:30 AM, reini1976 wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm hardly searching for old OS/2-Software
          > >
          > > I'm searching for MS and IBM OS/2 1.x and the SDK's and DDK's.
          > > Also the MS Programmer's Library CD-ROM's.
          > >
          > > Can someone help me?
          > >
          > > With best regards.
          > >
          > > reini1976

          I have MS Lan Manager 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 (and some 1.x-Version)
          Is it interesting for you?

          With best regards

          reini1976