RE: [midatlanticretro] Important: Two weeks 'til MARCH Festivus!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 23, 2012
      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

      >Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Please remember
      >that our awesome club holiday party is just two weeks away!!!! It's
      >from Saturday, Dec. 8, around lunchtime, until Sunday, Dec. 9,
      >whenever people leave.
      >
      >MARCh will supply BBQ basics and non-alcoholic beverages. Everyone's
      >encouraged to bring something -- food, beer, entertainment, tech, etc.
      >
      >$10 "required donation" that we'll give to InfoAge for hosting us.
      >
      >Please start posting * in this thread * about what you'll bring.

      $10.00

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 23, 2012
        Brian,

        Those ribs you made last year would be more than welcome!

        Jim

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 27, 2012
          Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> writes:

          >Brian,
          >
          >Those ribs you made last year would be more than welcome!
          >
          >Jim

          They would? I was more than amply insulted when I was accused of food
          poisoning the MARCHkins with ribs and Guinness. Therefore, I'd decided
          to NOT try enlighten the taste buds of the gourmands in attendance with
          finer comestibles and libations this year.

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 27, 2012
            >>> I was more than amply insulted when I was accused of food poisoning the MARCHkins with ribs and Guinness.

            One person became ill. He said it was the food, but I don't think that was scientific.
          • Douglas
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 27, 2012

              > Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Please remember that our awesome club holiday party is just two weeks away!!!! It's from Saturday, Dec. 8, around lunchtime, until Sunday, Dec. 9, whenever people leave.
              >
              > MARCh will supply BBQ basics and non-alcoholic beverages. Everyone's encouraged to bring something -- food, beer, entertainment, tech, etc.
              >
              > $10 "required donation" that we'll give to InfoAge for hosting us.
              >
              > Please start posting * in this thread * about what you'll bring.

              I can bring some pies. Apple, Pumkin, etc.
              Qty depending on head count.
              What are folks doing for overnight accomdations?
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 27, 2012
                >> What are folks doing for overnight accomdations?

                There are (ahem) sparse on-site accommodations. A few cots/mattresses are there, plus a bathroom and shower. Bringing a sleeping bag and your own pillow/sheets/towel is wise.

                I personally can't stay for the second day, but I haven't decided whether to go home Saturday night or Sunday morning.
              • Douglas
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 28, 2012
                  > >> What are folks doing for overnight accomdations?
                  >
                  > There are (ahem) sparse on-site accommodations. A few cots/mattresses are there, plus a bathroom and shower. Bringing a sleeping bag and your own pillow/sheets/towel is wise.

                  I can deal with that. Just like camping.
                  I have air mattresses and pumps.
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 29, 2012
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                      Hellooooooooo MARCH .... oddly quiet this year about the party ... we really need to know how many people are going, with just 8 days until party time.

                      1. Me (Sat. only)
                      2. Jeff B.

                      Beuller? Beuller?

                      Anyone who doesn't respond should not complain about our lack of preparation / supplies. :)
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                        >> What exactly are included in those "basics" ? plates ? nakins ? ketchup ? which non-alcoholic beverages ?

                        I'll let Justin answer.
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                          > Hellooooooooo MARCH .... oddly quiet this year about the party ... we
                          really need to know how many people are going, with just 8 days until party
                          time.

                          > 1. Me (Sat. only)
                          > 2. Jeff B.
                          >
                          > Beuller? Beuller?

                          Bill Degnan will be there on Sat.
                        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                            I will drop in briefly sometime Saturday with $10 and beer for myself in my
                            jacket pockets.

                            "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
                            and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
                          • Christian Liendo
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                              I'm on my two weeks reserve duty starting Monday.
                              I am going to try and make Sat..
                              I will hit the exchange and see whats available.. Remember for me is what I can carry on a train.
                            • J. Alexander Jacocks
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 30, 2012
                                On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

                                I'm on my two weeks reserve duty starting Monday.
                                I am going to try and make Sat..
                                I will hit the exchange and see whats available.. Remember for me is what I can carry on a train.

                                I'm planning to be there.

                                - Alex