Re: [midatlanticretro] [Wanted] Old OS/2 Software

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 19, 2012
      >> I'm hardly searching for old OS/2-Software. I'm searching for MS and IBM OS/2 1.x and the SDK's and DDK's.. Also the MS Programmer's Library CD-ROM's. Can someone help me? With best regards. reini1976

      Welcome to our list. Please introduce yourself.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 19, 2012
        > >> I'm hardly searching for old OS/2-Software. I'm searching for MS and
        IBM OS/2 1.x and the SDK's and DDK's.. Also the MS Programmer's Library
        CD-ROM's. Can someone help me? With best regards. reini1976

        > Welcome to our list. Please introduce yourself.

        And what language (s), I assume you want the C Developers Workset/2 ?

        bd
      • madodel
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
          On 11/19/12 2:30 AM, reini1976 wrote:
          > I'm hardly searching for old OS/2-Software
          >
          > I'm searching for MS and IBM OS/2 1.x and the SDK's and DDK's.
          > Also the MS Programmer's Library CD-ROM's.
          >
          > Can someone help me?
          >
          > With best regards.
          >
          > reini1976

          You don't say where you are. OS/2 software from the 1.x days has really
          gotten pricey. I have stopped buying stuff on eBay since I won't pay
          $100's for stuff that is just to sit on a shelf. We used to give a lot of
          this old stuff away at Warpstock events in the US and Europe, but the
          sources have dried up. Have you tried local computer clubs for anyone
          that has this stuff they are looking to get rid off?

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          Warpstock 2013 - http://www.warpstock.org
          Warpstock Europe 2013 - http://www.warpstock.eu

          http://www.os2voice.org

          democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership
          of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private
          Investigation, 1938
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
            reini,

            Your lack of an email address makes it impossible to send you an email off list. Send me your email address and I'll see what I can do. I've been meaning to image a set of disks for IBM 1.2 Extended Edition.

            MS OS/2 is extremely rare as it was available only as OEM from the PC manufacturers and I'm beginning to wonder if LANMAN is anywhere in the wild. If you have any OS/2 software from 3COM or DEC to trade, it would greatly speed the imaging process. ;-)

            Jim

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
              On 11/23/12 9:58 PM, Jim Scheef wrote:

              > reini,
              >
              > Your lack of an email address makes it impossible to send you an email off
              > list. Send me your email address and I'll see what I can do. I've been
              > meaning to image a set of disks for IBM 1.2 Extended Edition.
              >
              > MS OS/2 is extremely rare as it was available only as OEM from the PC
              > manufacturers and I'm beginning to wonder if LANMAN is anywhere in the
              > wild. If you have any OS/2 software from 3COM or DEC to trade, it would
              > greatly speed the imaging process. ;-)

              Jim,

              What versions of OS/2 were you looking for images of?

              As to MS OS/2, The hospital where I first worked with OS/2 had lots of MS
              OS/2 1.3 supplied by IBM for some strange reason. They were an IBM
              mainframe shop and used Model 30's, but IBM installed Microsoft's OS/2 on
              them. The hospital trashed it all a couple years or so after I left in
              1992, by which time they upgraded to Warp. I wish I had grabbed a few
              boxes when I left as finding MS branded OS/2 is kind of the Holy Grail now.
              I occasionally see manuals on eBay but never an entire set with media.

              Mark

              --

              From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

              Warpstock 2013 - http://www.warpstock.org
              Warpstock Europe 2013 -http://www.warpstock.eu

              http://www.os2voice.org

              democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership
              of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private
              Investigation, 1938
            • reini1976
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2012
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:

                > reini,
                >
                > Your lack of an email address makes it impossible to send you an email
                > off list. Send me your email address and I'll see what I can do. I've
                > been meaning to image a set of disks for IBM 1.2 Extended Edition.
                >
                > MS OS/2 is extremely rare as it was available only as OEM from the PC
                > manufacturers and I'm beginning to wonder if LANMAN is anywhere in the
                > wild. If you have any OS/2 software from 3COM or DEC to trade, it would
                > greatly speed the imaging process. ;-)
                >
                > Jim
                >
                > On 11/19/2012 2:30 AM, reini1976 wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm hardly searching for old OS/2-Software
                > >
                > > I'm searching for MS and IBM OS/2 1.x and the SDK's and DDK's.
                > > Also the MS Programmer's Library CD-ROM's.
                > >
                > > Can someone help me?
                > >
                > > With best regards.
                > >
                > > reini1976

                I have MS Lan Manager 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 (and some 1.x-Version)
                Is it interesting for you?

                With best regards

                reini1976