Re: [midatlanticretro] Wanted: original IBM PC "green screen" monitor

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
      On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > My pristine original IBM PC green-phosphor CRT, the one with the SUPER
      > long-persistence phosphor, just took a dive down a flight of stairs. I
      > am pretty upset about that.

      At least it didn't hit you in the head (Hi, Sellam).

      I need a CRT for a DEC VT-320, because I stupidly tried to straighten
      one of the pins with a needlenose (ping, hiss).

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
        On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

        On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > My pristine original IBM PC green-phosphor CRT, the one with the SUPER
        > long-persistence phosphor, just took a dive down a flight of stairs. I
        > am pretty upset about that.

        At least it didn't hit you in the head (Hi, Sellam).
        <snip>

        I've done that:

        Alex: I wonder why this power cord is stretched so tightly? (while lying on the floor, re-arranging cables)
        <unplug>
        <BLAM>
        Alex: AIEE (from underneath a 19" CRT, which has fallen on him, from the top of an equipment rack)

        The amazing this is that, not only did I survive, but the monitor did, too, with only a somewhat bent case.

        - Alex
      • s100doctor
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012

          > My pristine original IBM PC green-phosphor CRT, the one with the SUPER
          > long-persistence phosphor, just took a dive down a flight of stairs. I
          > am pretty upset about that.
          >
          > Does anyone have one of these that they might be willing to turn loose of?

          I have two green-screen IBM PC monitors, I can offer one, we can work a deal. How "long" is long-persistence? I've forgotten what's "normal persistance" for them. If there's a particular model number I can check that.

          Contact me privately, Dave. I will likely be at Infoage on Monday, if bringing one would help you that way; otherwise I can ship from my location.

          Herb