Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Festivus update (Dec. 8-9; food details, bad movie contest!)

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
      Shouldn't the movies have a computer connection? - or at least technology?

      The movie we watched last year, while more of a date flick, was obscure, computer-related, and shown on obsolete, vintage (betamax) equipment. That will be hard to beat! Blu-ray my ass!

      Jim

      On 11/13/2012 8:27 AM, corey986 wrote:

      Well at first I was thinking "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" , but then I realized if I drag along a blu-ray player, this would be a great opportunity to put on an amazing HD transfer of "Forbidden Planet" and the original "The day the earth stood still". Not really B movies, but ones I think that people would enjoy seeing in a way they have never seen before in HD (Film resolution with the correct pull-down). If our projectors don't support HD, I could hop on a ladder and unhook my HD projector from my theater and bring it in, but I would only be able to be there one of the two days.

      Cheers,
      Corey

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
        I agree. Id rather watch a movie with vintage computers that make up the plot/props.
        --
        Sent from my PDP 8/e.
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 18, 2012
          > New this year: worst movie contest!

          I have something that I would like to show. It wasn't a movie, but a TV show
          that lasted 10 episodes. We don't have to watch all episodes, just a few.
          Can I use that instead ?

          Jeff Brace
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 18, 2012
            >>> New this year: worst movie contest!

            >> have something that I would like to show. It wasn't a movie, but a TV show that lasted 10 episodes. We don't have to watch all episodes, just a few.

            Okay.
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 18, 2012
              >>> New this year: worst movie contest!

              >> have something that I would like to show. It wasn't a movie, but a TV
              >> show that lasted 10 episodes. We don't have to watch all episodes, just a
              >> few.

              > Okay.

              Great ! I call dibs on "Fat Guy Stuck in Internet" It is 10 episodes lasting
              about 12 minutes each. Totaling 2 hours.

              *AND* it fits Bill Degnan's suggestion that it be technology related.

              :-D