RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Festivus update (Dec. 8-9; food details, bad movie contest!)

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
      corey986 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:

      >Well at first I was thinking "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" , but then
      >I r= ealized if I drag along a blu-ray player, this would be a great
      >opportunity= to put on an amazing HD transfer of "Forbidden Planet" and
      >the original "T= he day the earth stood still". Not really B movies,
      >but ones I think that = people would enjoy seeing in a way they have
      >never seen before in HD (Film = resolution with the correct pull-down).
      >If our projectors don't support HD= , I could hop on a ladder and unhook
      >my HD projector from my theater and br= ing it in, but I would only be
      >able to be there one of the two days.

      "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!" A classic. Since this is InfoAge and it's
      in NJ, don't forget a copy of "The Toxic Avenger -- The First Superhero from
      New Jersey." If it's bad movies you want, then these both must certainly be
      in the running.

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
        Shouldn't the movies have a computer connection? - or at least technology?

        The movie we watched last year, while more of a date flick, was obscure, computer-related, and shown on obsolete, vintage (betamax) equipment. That will be hard to beat! Blu-ray my ass!

        Jim

        On 11/13/2012 8:27 AM, corey986 wrote:

        Well at first I was thinking "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" , but then I realized if I drag along a blu-ray player, this would be a great opportunity to put on an amazing HD transfer of "Forbidden Planet" and the original "The day the earth stood still". Not really B movies, but ones I think that people would enjoy seeing in a way they have never seen before in HD (Film resolution with the correct pull-down). If our projectors don't support HD, I could hop on a ladder and unhook my HD projector from my theater and bring it in, but I would only be able to be there one of the two days.

        Cheers,
        Corey

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2012
          I agree. Id rather watch a movie with vintage computers that make up the plot/props.
          --
          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 18, 2012
            > New this year: worst movie contest!

            I have something that I would like to show. It wasn't a movie, but a TV show
            that lasted 10 episodes. We don't have to watch all episodes, just a few.
            Can I use that instead ?

            Jeff Brace
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 18, 2012
              >>> New this year: worst movie contest!

              >> have something that I would like to show. It wasn't a movie, but a TV show that lasted 10 episodes. We don't have to watch all episodes, just a few.

              Okay.
            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2012
                >>> New this year: worst movie contest!

                >> have something that I would like to show. It wasn't a movie, but a TV
                >> show that lasted 10 episodes. We don't have to watch all episodes, just a
                >> few.

                > Okay.

                Great ! I call dibs on "Fat Guy Stuck in Internet" It is 10 episodes lasting
                about 12 minutes each. Totaling 2 hours.

                *AND* it fits Bill Degnan's suggestion that it be technology related.

                :-D