Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: Sandy

  • Jason Howe
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 13, 2012
      Just got my power back yesterday afternoon, that's pretty much a full 14
      days without. We lost 2 big trees. One across the driveway, taking out
      my nice new fence. The other ripped the power lines off my house on
      it's way to taking the power lines off the pole in the street -- which
      then became suspended over the street by the remaining lines on the pole
      (telephone, cable, etc).

      The whole thing was complicated by the fact that we were in Arizona
      visiting my brother, scheduled to come home that Monday morning, which
      of course didn't happen as EWR was closed. We ended up getting a
      Wednesday night flight into Pittsburgh, rented a car a drove home on
      Thursday.

      Thankfully, my Hotwater heater is NatGas on pilot light, no power
      needed, and I wired my boiler to run off an extension cord (when we were
      without power for 7 days after last years Halloween storm), so we were
      able to survive. Just catching up on 2 weeks worth of emails now.

      --Jason