InfoAge still closed / no power

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2012
      Most of Wall Township has power back. InfoAge doesn't. So the museum remains closed.
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2012

        > Most of Wall Township has power back. InfoAge doesn't. So the museum remains closed.

        Evan, as I understand it, the problem is that the power substation is flooded. Does that substation only service Infoage (the former Army base might have its own substation)? Or does it service the neighborhood too, and therefore has more priority for repair? The committment to restore power is to home and businesses - Infoage may be considered "neither".

        Herb
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2012
          >> Most of Wall Township has power back. InfoAge doesn't. So the museum remains closed.
          > Evan, as I understand it, the problem is that the power substation is flooded. Does that substation only service Infoage (the former Army base might have its own substation)? Or does it service the neighborhood too, and therefore has more priority for repair? The committment to restore power is to home and businesses - Infoage may be considered "neither".

          I don't know any details of how the electricity is arranged at InfoAge.
          But here is the latest update from Fred:

          "The heart of the problem is the fuses are open on a telephone pole by
          Camp Evans. These fuses supply the power to the secondary line to the
          pole with another set of fuses to our main transformer. The JCP&L
          database has the fuse status as closed. When the tech reviews the
          trouble ticket, they close the ticket as the status of the fuses are
          closed. This has happened twice. I just reopened the ticket. The company
          says they should be able to connect us by midnight today. Once we have
          power, we can report the impact of the two storms on our site and
          historic buildings."