Re: Newbie to group

  • hornbetw
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 10, 2012
      I guess I should throw my 2 cents in here. Sorry about waiting so long to introduce myself. I'm an Engineering Technician with 20 years experience working on everything from Radar systems to Oil Exploration tools. Most of my background is in digital design and debug of embedded systems. I look forward to helping the members in the Philly area as needed in getting their systems up and running. I live in Spring City near the old Pennhurst site.

      I currently have my original computer, a TRS-80 Model I with 48K, E/I, dual floppies (SSDD - have a set of DSDD drives to replace them) and a DMP-105 printer. I'm primarily interested in Z-80 based systems. I'm hoping to pick up a Model 4 sometime in the near future.

      Tom
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 10, 2012
        >>> I guess I should throw my 2 cents in here. Sorry about waiting so long to introduce myself. I'm an Engineering Technician with 20 years experience working on everything from Radar systems to Oil Exploration tools. Most of my background is in digital design and debug of embedded systems.

        Welcome Tom. You'll fit in here. What's your experience with radar systems?

        >>> I look forward to helping the members in the Philly area as needed in getting their systems up and running. I live in Spring City near the old Pennhurst site.

        Excellent. As you probably read, we have many members in the Philly area.

        >>> I currently have my original computer, a TRS-80 Model I with 48K, E/I, dual floppies (SSDD - have a set of DSDD drives to replace them) and a DMP-105 printer. I'm primarily interested in Z-80 based systems. I'm hoping to pick up a Model 4 sometime in the near future.

        Our holiday party ("Festivus") is Dec. 18-19 at our museum facility in Wall, N.J.; maybe someone can hook you up with a Model IV.

        - Evan K.
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2012
          >Our holiday party ("Festivus") is Dec. 18-19 at our museum facility in
          >Wall, N.J.; maybe someone can hook you up with a Model IV.
          >- Evan K.

          Evan don't you mean Dec. 8-9 ?
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 11, 2012
            See midatlanticretro.org for calendar. Evan transposed may event with festivus.
            --
            Sent from my PDP 8/e.
          • hornbetw
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 11, 2012
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "ekoblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

              > Welcome Tom. You'll fit in here. What's your experience with radar systems?

              I worked on tactical air traffic control radar systems in the Marines. One of the systems I worked on was a close relative of the systems developed at Camp Evans. The AN/UPS-1 radar hit the fleet in 1949!

              > Our holiday party ("Festivus") is Dec. 18-19 at our museum facility in Wall, N.J.; maybe someone can hook you up with a Model IV.
              >
              > - Evan K.

              I'll have to check my calendar and see if I can make it. I've enjoyed my trips to Infoage for the last couple of VCF Easts.
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 11, 2012
                >>> Our holiday party ("Festivus") is Dec. 18-19 at our museum facility in Wall, N.J.; maybe someone can hook you up with a Model IV.
                >> Evan don't you mean Dec. 8-9 ?

                Yes. Oops.