Re: [midatlanticretro] Nov. 18 list maintenance

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 2012
      On 11/10/2012 12:37 PM, Alexey Toptygin wrote:
      >> "ygroupsblog.com". Sigh. I remember when Yahoo! used to be a
      >> technical company. Now they don't even understand the concept of a
      >> hierarchical namespace.
      >
      > But Dave, subdomains are for losers! Anyone that's anyone owns their own
      > .com! Heck, every dev's VM at work has it's own .com! That we pay GoDaddy
      > for! That resolves to an RFC 1918 IP! :-)

      Pardon me while I vomit on the floor.

      *HORRRRKKK!*

      --
      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 10, 2012
        On 11/10/2012 12:45 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
        > Pardon me while I vomit on the floor.
        >
        > *HORRRRKKK!*
        HORRRRKKK!* indeed. Even more HORRRKKK...
        Rejecting connections to domains that don't start with www. Cox cable
        causes me no end of grief with our travelling instructors. There are
        other things than www pages out there folks.

        Kelly
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 10, 2012

          >> Pardon me while I vomit on the floor. *HORRRRKKK!*

          I think you mean horrrrrkkk.com.
          *HORRRRKKK!*
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2012
            On 11/10/2012 01:08 PM, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:
            > On 11/10/2012 12:45 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
            >> Pardon me while I vomit on the floor.
            >>
            >> *HORRRRKKK!*
            > HORRRRKKK!* indeed. Even more HORRRKKK...
            > Rejecting connections to domains that don't start with www. Cox cable
            > causes me no end of grief with our travelling instructors. There are
            > other things than www pages out there folks.

            That's some serious horkage. There are some unbelievably clueless
            people running networks these days. With all the fast food jobs taken,
            they've gotta do something I guess.

            *spit*

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Douglas
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 22, 2012
              I'm sure you all will be bitterly disappointed to hear that
              the updates have been postponed till January 2013.
              Yes, I clicked through their awful link to their "blog".