Re: Hazletine 1510

  • dfnr2
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 8, 2012

      > Ok, that's neat, I was unaware of that. I've used two Hazeltine
      > terminals over a stretch of many years in the 80s, a 1420 and a 1500,
      > but I haven't seen any others in the wild until I picked up my two 1510s
      > a couple of years ago. They're really nice terminals; I always wondered
      > why they weren't more common.

      I've never seen a 1510 or 1520, or even a 14xx, in real life. We connected to the Sigma 9 over the telephone using 300 baud A-J 242A couplers. I suppose whole-screen editing and printing functions would not have made much sense in that setting.

      I think these terminals were pretty popular, as far as terminals go, in the late 70's, especially on non-DEC systems. I think the overall market was just so much smaller then than it is now. Personally, I find it strange that ADM 3A's are so coveted and yet few seem to have heard of the Hazeltines. I used both back in the day, and I much preferred the Hazeltines.

      Dave
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.