Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hazletine 1510

    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 8, 2012

      > > System does not communicate with a known-working computer. Not getting
      for
      > > example the prompt for a Northstar Horizon 9600 8/n/1 (and tried other

      > > settings). I don't think I have it wrong, but I want to be sure I have
      the
      > > correct settings.
      >
      > Ok. The first thing to do is make sure it's in "online" mode (as
      > opposed to "local", I don't recall if the Hazeltines had that capability
      > or not), disable flow control if possible, and disable local echo.
      > Short pins 2 and 3 on the DB25 together. Hit a few keys and see if your
      > keystrokes are echoed to the display.

      All that kind of stuff is covered, even if your terminal is not working,
      I'd like to know what switch settings you have, assuming it was working
      last time you used it. Bob Grieb spent a lot of oscilloscope time on the
      unit, found nothing wrong, except that it seems like we could not get out
      of local mode, despite what settings we were using, or whether LOCAL was
      turned on. There is the FORMAT setting that may be stuck, not sure.

      bd
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.