Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hazletine 1510

    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 8, 2012
      On 11/08/2012 11:29 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
      >>> Do you have a *working* 1500 or 1510?
      >>
      >> I have two 1510s; one working, one not.
      >
      > I'd like to know what switch settings you're using for regular RS232 comms,
      > say 8/n/1 9600. Just for sanity-sake.

      It's not in use, but it was functional the last time I powered it up.
      I will see if I can get it running on something later today and let you
      know.

      > System does not communicate with a known-working computer. Not getting for
      > example the prompt for a Northstar Horizon 9600 8/n/1 (and tried other
      > settings). I don't think I have it wrong, but I want to be sure I have the
      > correct settings.

      Ok. The first thing to do is make sure it's in "online" mode (as
      opposed to "local", I don't recall if the Hazeltines had that capability
      or not), disable flow control if possible, and disable local echo.
      Short pins 2 and 3 on the DB25 together. Hit a few keys and see if your
      keystrokes are echoed to the display.

      >>> When the schematic becomes available, let me know. I can post on
      >>> vintagecomputer.net/hazletine/1510/ for anyone who needs it.
      >>
      >> Sounds good, but please spell Hazeltine correctly. ;)
      >
      > Hazeltine...sorry. I always do that for some reason.

      Common thing...I was just givin' you some static. ;)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.