Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hazletine 1510

    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 8, 2012

      > On 11/08/2012 08:31 AM, B. Degnan wrote:
      > > Just to understand you here, you *do* have the 1510 schematics?
      >
      > I do not.
      >
      > > Do you have a *working* 1500 or 1510?
      >
      > I have two 1510s; one working, one not.

      I'd like to know what switch settings you're using for regular RS232 comms,
      say 8/n/1 9600. Just for sanity-sake.

      > > I have the user manual, I am trying to
      > > determine if the issues I am experiencing with my 1510 are due to user

      > > error (not having the right switches) or electrical (need to trace
      problem
      > > using schematic).
      >
      > What issues are you having again?

      System does not communicate with a known-working computer. Not getting for
      example the prompt for a Northstar Horizon 9600 8/n/1 (and tried other
      settings). I don't think I have it wrong, but I want to be sure I have the
      correct settings.

      > > When the schematic becomes available, let me know. I can post on
      > > vintagecomputer.net/hazletine/1510/ for anyone who needs it.
      >
      > Sounds good, but please spell Hazeltine correctly. ;)

      Hazeltine...sorry. I always do that for some reason.

      bd
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.