Re: Hazletine 1510

  • dfnr2
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 8, 2012

      > Dave,
      > Just to understand you here, you *do* have the 1510 schematics? Do you
      > have a *working* 1500 or 1510? I have the user manual, I am trying to
      > determine if the issues I am experiencing with my 1510 are due to user
      > error (not having the right switches) or electrical (need to trace problem
      > using schematic).

      I have the service manual that covers the 1500-only board, and the combined 1500/1510/1520 board. If you are trying to fix a terminal, you will find it very helpful, as it has troubleshooting flowcharts, theory of operation, etc. I will be happy to send you a copy, and also will place a copy on osiweb.org.

      There's also a copy of the user manual on classiccmp, that may be useful for switch settings.

      I don't know if my Hazeltine works or not--with a new baby, I haven't had much time for my hobbies, and it's in storage. It is "in the queue". However, I can't imagine it will be too difficult to bring it up.

      BTW, It might be nice to preserve (and host online) the 1500 and 1510 firmware, and the 1520 firmware as well, if anyone has one of those.

      Dave
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.