re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hazletine 1510

    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 8, 2012

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...>
      wrote:
      > [snip]
      > > Do you have those schematics in an electronic format?
      > >

      > I swung by storage and picked up the manual. I have scanned the normal
      pages, but there are a bunch of 11x17 pages that I will have to take to
      Kinko's to scan. I'll send you the PDF (or a link) when I have the whole
      thing scanned, OCR'd, and re-assembled.

      > I also have, and will scan, the kit assembly manual. Someone has already
      scanned the user manual on the classicmp terminal archive.

      > > > Is the 1510 the same hardware as the 1500, but with different
      firmware? If so,
      > > > it would be nice to get a copy of the 1510 firmware, just to try it
      out.

      > > It's different hardware. The keyboard is different (and the
      keyboard
      > > is an integral part of the board) and I'm pretty sure there are more
      dip
      > > switches.
      > >

      > It turns out there are two different boards. One of them is strictly a
      1500. The other one can be configured as a 1500, 1510, or 1520, depending
      on how it's populated.

      > Dave

      Dave,
      Just to understand you here, you *do* have the 1510 schematics? Do you
      have a *working* 1500 or 1510? I have the user manual, I am trying to
      determine if the issues I am experiencing with my 1510 are due to user
      error (not having the right switches) or electrical (need to trace problem
      using schematic).
      When the schematic becomes available, let me know. I can post on
      vintagecomputer.net/hazletine/1510/ for anyone who needs it.
      Thanks
      Bill
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 20, 2012
        >>> Straight-8 repair is reserved for Gesswein, with McGuire etc. as apprentice.

        >> "Apprentice", eh? ;)

        For that particular computer, yes.