Re: A way we can help InfoAge -- please read

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012

      > Here's a whole other film prop project that would greatly benefit InfoAge and would also score big brownie points for MARCH.
      >
      > I was contacted about a production company that's working on a MAJOR hollywood film.
      >
      > They need 100 monitors:
      > - they must be 1990s
      > - they must be Super VGA
      > - they must work
      > - they must be 15-17 inches
      > - they must have typical off-white case
      >
      > InfoAge stands to make $50/monitor.
      > I forwarded this request to all the InfoAge group leaders. I promised that if MARCH has any to spare from our own collection, then we'll donate them to the cause, and I urged the other groups to do the same.
      >
      > But, we need to gather the monitors in one location within a week or two. Obviously we are not inclined to deal with shipping.
      >
      > If anybody has monitors that meet ALL of the above rules, and if you can get them to InfoAge in a week or two, and if you're willing to donate them -- then that would be awesome.
      >
      > InfoAge need not produce all 100 monitors. We just need a decent fraction of them to make it worthwhile for the film company.

      I have a handful that could be liberated.
      I should be in the vicinity of the park within 2 weeks.
      It would be a chance to stop in and see the museum too :)

      Dell D1728D-LS
      http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/dta/04036/00000001.htm

      Sony CDP E100
      http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/CPDE200_mksp.pdf

      KDS 555
      http://monitors.alege.net/KDS-Visual-Sensations-555-White-15-inCRT-Conventional-Monitor.html

      Several just outside the requirements, but if they change their minds...

      (Too Small)
      Digiview HR-45
      http://www.ramplus.com/dig14vgacrtm.html

      (Too new?)
      2 Viewsonic e70f's, but I think they are too new. Flat CRT:
      http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/archive/e70f.htm